RADICALLY SMART & NATURAL COMPRESSION
POWAIR was designed to be a smarter, more natural sounding compressor. It’s a dual-stage loudness leveler / compressor / limiter powered by a novel, proprietary compression engine which provides greater transparency and control than ever before.
The first stage is a K-weighted loudness leveler, perfect for leveling a voice-over or auto-adjusting the level of different pieces of music. In its second compression stage, POWAIR uses an innovative gain detection and reduction engine, capable of fast gain changes with minimal distortion and adaptive response to the source.
The unique Punch feature enables full control over the transients’ levels during the attack stage, making it possible to shape the transients’ lengths while keeping peak levels under control.
And in an industry first, POWAIR features Adaptive Compression to maintain an average compression action, adding intensity and glue while keeping the natural dynamics of the recording.
YOU’VE GOT THE POWAIR
POWAIR’s novel, proprietary compression engine allows for powerful dynamics shaping while maintaining the timbre of the source material, even when pushed to extremes. It enables greater control and transparency of the source’s perceived loudness and intensity and brings a sense of power to vocals, instruments and mixes.
IT’S ABOUT PERCEIVED LOUDNESS
Whether you need to deliver tracks to EBU specifications or control the levels of a dynamic performance, the K-weighted perceived loudness (LKFS) leveler will smoothly ride your tracks to your target level.
- Novel, ultra-fast gain detection and reduction compression design
- K-weighted loudness auto-leveler
- Punch enables precise level control of transients during the attack period independent of attack time
- Adaptive Compression enables maintaining average compression for natural performance dynamics
- Machine learning-based perceived loudness auto makeup gain compensation
- Band-pass and band-reject side-chain filter
- External side-chain key input
- Mono, stereo and mid/side operation modes with continuously-variable compression link control
- ITU-R BS.1770.4-compliant LKFS and true-peak output level meters
- Mac: Intel Core CPU, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7 or higher
- Windows: Intel Core CPU, 2GB RAM, graphics card supporting OpenGL 2.1, Windows 7 or higher
- Plug-in formats: AAX, Audio Unit, VST, VST3
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager (iLok USB key is not required)