TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT OF PHASE ALIGNMENT
AUTO-ALIGN is an automatic microphone alignment and phase correction plug-in.
When recording an instrument with more than one mic, sound tends to reach each microphone at a slightly different time, causing some frequencies to cancel each other out and other frequencies to build up unnaturally. This phenomenon is known as the comb-filter effect.
AUTO-ALIGN will analyze your multi-mic recording and will automatically detect and compensate for the delay between the microphones sample-accurately, significantly reducing the comb-filter effect and dramatically improving the resulting sound.
PUNCH & DEFINITION
Properly aligning microphones makes for an amazing difference in low-end definition and punch. With AUTO-ALIGN alignment takes only a few seconds, where previously it required spending considerable time trying to time-align and figure out phase issues.
A unique Spectral Phase Correlation Meter shows the phase correlation between the input and reference mics across the entire frequency spectrum.
When distant microphones are used, or when some delay is desired to enhance the sense of space, AUTO-ALIGN can time-place the microphones relative to the close-mic'ed source to minimize the comb-filter's effect. Just click on the NEXT or PREV buttons to navigate between the best phase-correlated settings.
- Automatic, sample-accurate time and phase alignment
- Phase polarity detection
- Alternate matching points for improving phase correlation while preserving delay
- Displays distance in samples, milliseconds, inches or centimeters
- Mac: Intel Core CPU, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.6 or higher
- Windows: Intel Core CPU, 2GB RAM, graphics card supporting OpenGL 2.1, Windows 7 or higher
- Plug-in formats: AAX, Audio Unit, RTAS, VST, VST3
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager (iLok USB key is not required)