Introducing Auto-Align® 2. A radical evolution of a modern classic that has become an indispensable tool in many studios around the world.
Auto-Align 2 eliminates comb-filtering, minimizes transient smearing, and spectrally optimizes the phase of each mic to deliver the full and defined sound captured by the microphones.
Auto-Align 2 takes an extensive step further by significantly speeding up the alignment workflow, introducing a new spectral phase correction module, refined algorithm, an intuitive user interface and much more.
All it takes is a click of a button to align an entire session.
PUNCH & DEFINITION
Properly aligning microphones makes for an amazing difference in low-end definition and punch. With Auto-Align 2 alignment takes only a few seconds, where previously it required spending considerable time trying to time-align and figure out phase issues.
ONE CLICK WORKFLOW
Auto-Align 2 introduces a completely new workflow that revolutionizes the way you work. With just one click, Auto-Align 2 can align all of your microphones in a single pass, eliminating the need for manual routing and configuration. This groundbreaking feature saves you valuable time and ensures that your audio is perfectly time and phase aligned, resulting in improved clarity, size, and stereo image.
Next Generation Algorithm
Incorporating technology from our Emmy Award-winning plugin, Auto-Align Post, Auto-Align 2 introduces a host of new features, including Spectral Phase Optimization and Absolute Phase Optimization, all designed to improve the clarity, size, and stereo image of your audio. With its one-click workflow, Auto-Align 2 eliminates the need for manual routing and configuration, making the process of aligning multiple microphones fast and easy. By taking care of the technical aspects of audio alignment, Auto-Align 2 allows you to focus on the creative aspects of mixing and producing.
Spectral Phase Optimization
Auto-Align 2's Spectral Phase Optimization feature corrects phase shifts that can occur within specific frequency ranges, resulting in a more coherent and richer-sounding audio signal. When using filters during recording, different frequency bands can experience varying phase shifts, leading to a distorted and unclear sound. Spectral Phase Optimization automatically detects and corrects these phase shifts, ensuring that your audio is perfectly aligned and sounding its best.
Absolute Phase Optimization in Auto-Align 2 goes beyond aligning the microphones in phase with each other. It also corrects the overall sound directionality to make sure the reproduced sound matches the original source. This means that sounds that were originally pushed forward will also be reproduced forward in the speakers. By ensuring that the audio is both in phase and faithful to the original sound source, Absolute Phase Optimization improves the overall quality and clarity of the audio signal.
- One-click workflow for fast and easy track alignment
- Automatic reference and grouping detection takes the guesswork out of the alignment process
- Spectral Phase Optimization for improved coherence and richer sound quality
- Absolute Phase for faithful reproduction of sound directionality
- Alternate optimized correlation editing for advanced users seeking creative control
- Surround support for multi-channel applications
- Single unified interconnected multi-channel user interface for efficient navigation
- ARA2 compatibility for seamless integration with your DAW workflow
- Mac: 64bit Intel CPU or Apple silicon chip, 8GB RAM, macOS 10.9 or higher
- Windows: 64bit Intel or AMD CPU, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 or higher
- Plug-in formats: AAX, Audio Unit, VST3, ARA2
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager (iLok USB key is not required)
LEVEL UP YOUR DRUMS
TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT OF PHASE ALIGNMENT
2023-05-08: Version 2.0.1
- Resolved a crash that occurred when importing session data or opening a session with incomplete state on certain occasions.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using a manual group with linked tracks.
- Fixed an issue where the key time may be out of bounds after reverting adjustments.
- Resolved an issue where a manual group could include tracks that weren't manually grouped.
- ARA: Fixed a problem with audio playing incorrectly after edits.
- AAX: Resolved an issue where the UI might not reflect updated alignments after importing session data.
- Improved overall stability.
- AAX: The preset menu has been removed. Instead, we recommend users to use the "Import Session Data" feature in Pro Tools to load a saved state of Auto-Align 2. As Auto-Align 2 is an interconnect multi-track plugin, it internally stores the settings for all the tracks.
- AAX: The multi-mono functionality in the plugin menu has been removed. By default, the AAX Multi-mono mode in Pro Tools is set to 'linked', which caused an issue where the AAX instance forces the same settings for the linked channels. To address this issue, we have eliminated the Multi-mono mode from the plugin menu. Instead, please use the multi-mono functionality built into Auto-Align 2.